Infant Colic Awareness Month plus Giveaway
Research has found that many new mums are not prepared for one of the most common medical conditions affecting newborns, with 1 in 3 British mums admitting they were not aware of infant colic prior to the birth of their child.
Personally before S was born I had never heard of infant colic, thankfully S didn’t suffer from infant colic but listening to other mums I soon realised how common it was.
Infant colic is a common problem that affects up to 1 in 5 babies, and usually begins when the infant is just a few weeks old. The signs and symptoms include:
· Intense crying bouts
· Crying in the late afternoon or evening that lasts several hours
· The baby’s face is red and flushed when they cry
· The baby clenches their fists, draws their knees up or arches their back while crying
This can also be a distressing time for new parents, not knowing what is affecting their child plus adding to sleepless nights and the usual pressures of being a new parent.
Infant Colic Awareness Month
Infacol, Britain’s Number One Colic Remedy, and Cry-Sis, the only parenting charity dedicated to supporting parents through excessive infant crying, have launched the first Infant Colic Awareness Month in September 2017.
If you would like to support Colic Awareness Month, you can donate to Cry-Sis on http://www.cry-sis.org.uk/donate.html.
Giveaway – Win a The White Company Stripe Kimbo Sleeping Bag – 2.5 Tog
Would you like to win The White Company Stripe Kimbo Sleeping Bag – 2.5 Tog then enter our latest giveaway!
Terms & Conditions
- Open to UK residents only.
- Prize is a Stripe Kimbo Sleeping Bag
- The winner will be chosen at random by Gleam.
- The winner will be contacted and have 7 days to respond before a new winner is drawn.
- The winner’s details will be passed onto Infacol who will send out the prize directly.
- No cash alternative.
- Competition closes 11:59pm Saturday 30th September 2017 (GMT)